< rant >
So, evidently, Tye and I can rig a local tourney to guarantee a win. :) There's been some discussion on the back end for our beating face last weekend at the doubles tournament. "Did you know that not only are we bad ass at 40k, but we also have the ability to rig tourneys so we win. Cause, that was the only way we were able to stomp face so well...That's why the prizes were so big."
I was talking about this with Corey - and he referenced the South Park episode with Gnomes attempting to steal underwear for profit. See screen cap here modified to be the following:
- Step 1: set up tournament, "manipulate" players to play at $10 a head.
- Step 2: ???
- Step 3: take all the winnings
Or, from Tye...
Now it's my understanding that there were feelings that the tourney was "rigged" and Trent and I were going to win all along. That being the case, I figured I would enlighten you with our master plans. Following these easy steps you too can rig any tourney you play in.
- Step 1: Make sure that you and your partner have a combined total of over 25 YEARS playing the game.
- Step 2: Plan, Prepare, and Design a solid list that compliments each other well. Make sure that you have a strong list that is able to handle anything thrown at it.
- Step 3: Make sure that you and your partner have time to talk strategy and different possibilities.
- Step 4: Make sure your armies are painted and you are good sportsmen so that you don't loose points on dumb things.
- Step 5: Play 3 good games against tough lists and decent players. And beat them soundly.
By following these simple steps, you too can win every tourney you play in.
< /rant >