Monday, July 27, 2009

Sleep is for the weak...

There's something to be said about not having the normal responsibilities for a few days. Being able to stay up till 3am playing games is kinda fun... the downside being my body close to having a "schedule" of "hey! get your ass out of bed" pretty much as soon as the sun comes up.

We're up to 12 games played so far for the trip - our goal is 16. Most of it in prisonhammer. The "official event for the weekend" was the campaignement we did on Saturday. The basic idea being a uprising / revolt in the Kingdom of Hawkshold. You had to have at least 25% "allies" of MoH and that could change from game to game. We started the campaign tree with the stuff needed to do that (for free), and then played a compressed build (basically tripling the amount of gold earned). The "issue" we noticed was that you had the ability to take what you needed to from the MoH so it wasn't a downside. I was playing Orcs and when I needed to take the low model count army - I took Knights. When I needed to take the hard list with some range... I took 2 units of Long Bowmen.

After the campaignament we were talking about it and I came up with the idea that we should have a "you have to take this unit" type of uprising. So we sat down and came up with the rolling chart
  • one unit of Knights,
  • one unit of Long Bowmen,
  • two Militia and one Peasant Mob,
  • one Spearmen and either one Swordsman or one Archer,
  • one unit of Heavy Infantry
We then decided yesterday to try it out. Corey built a Dwarf and Monsters & Mercenaries list. I built an Orc and Lizardmen list. Lizards played Dwarfs, Orcs played M&M, Lizards played M&M, and then Orcs played Dwarfs. Non-playing factions got a bye for the rounds.

End of the revised campaign-a-ment, Dwarfs will with 11 VP, Lizards had 10, M&M got 9, and the Orcs had a pathetic showing at 6VP. But the new system works. And it works better than the 25% rule. :)

Plan for today: Maybe a game or two of 40k... I only need 4 games to hit our 16 game goal...

2 comments:

  1. Remember the sound that the parents' voices made on Charlie Brown? Yeah, that's all I'm hearing. :) On a different note, when you have a free moment (hahaha), will you read & comment on my latest blog? I'm taking a serious poll... Corey, you too, if you have an opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete