Sunday, July 12, 2009

Games in the heat...

I love days when thunderstorms come in. Hot *and* humid. :) Game store's AC's not the best... the only reason it doesn't turn too bad in there - it's a big book store with lots of space to dissipateb the gamer funk.

Anyway, took the bi-weekly pilgrimage west to get some games in this weekend. There was some discussion on the "local" board about a couple of people who were headed out of town next week for a 1999-point Fantasy tournament - they wanted to get a few games in to try some things out. It's a strange point total, a max of 3 heroes, 3 special and 1 rare... but a lot of points available. The odd thing about my current Ogre Kingdom army - it meant combining the leadbelchers from 4 units to 3. That's it. I only had 1 rare (Slave Giant), and I didn't have any lords.

After getting the Empire beat-down - ok, it wasn't a beat-down I did loose, but it was a weird swinging game that saw my right flank disappear (stoopid knights and steam tank), and my left flank sweep through his... swirling masses of brutal combat I tell you. I think I'll do some conversion work to get myself a BSB... could use the Ld boost.

On to the 40k game. A 1500 point Plague Marine list. Sorcerer with some upgrades, 5 units of plague marines, 1 unit of daemons and an obliterator. Playing against an Iron Warriors inspired (DP, Terminator Lord, Terminator Squad, 2x10 CSM, Predator, Land Raider, and Defilier). Had it not been for the two turns of walking across the open killing field it would have been closer. T5 and FNP doesn't help against the onslought of lascannons... :) Good game anyway.

Right. As for the new guard army - I still need to put 2 more colors on the ratlings and then they're done. I'm hoping to get it done this week - at which point I will post pictures. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment