Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Flashback... flash foward...?

Personal detail here - I've been playing 40k for a while now.  While I didn't play Rogue Trader, I remember when the 2nd edition box set came out.  I didn't really play 40k till just before the Dark Millennium box came out.  My first army was a Genestealer Cult.  Before the 5th edition Tyranid codex came out, I purged my entire Tyranid collection.  I didn't really see an army out of the 5th ed codex, so I didn't have a desire to re-build / build anew.

In November, I picked up a sweet deal of most of someone's Tyrainid army for reasonably cheap.  It was reasonably diverse, some metal, some resin, mostly plastic.  I've since dug through my bits and picked up few boxes (at various discounts / winnings).  Over the last few weeks, I've started putting things together, fixing the broken models, figuring out what I needed to still add to it.

Now locally, we're on the back side of the Bloodbowl season - so there's some discussion of starting an escalation league... how convenient. 

Here's what I'm thinking for the 500 point section - pure seeding swarm mentality.

  • Tyranid Prime, Scything Talons, Lash Whip & Bonesword
  • 2 Hive Guard
  • 12 Hormagaunts
  • 5 Tyranid Warriros - 4 Devourers and 1 Barbed Strangler, all with Scything Talons
  • 10 Gargoyles with Toxin Sacs

Here's some pictures of my painting/building desk here on the first of the year.







No comments:

Post a Comment