Sunday, March 13, 2011

Final game of League


This is my deployment from my game today.  It was 1500 points on a mission called "A Bridge Too Far."  The mission is for "The Calm Before the Waagh" as well as "The Big Waagh" tournaments.  Basically, there's a bunker on each side of the wide bridge over the (even wider) river.  River is difficult and dangerous terrain - so pretty much the bridge is the only way across the board.   

I had to weather 3 turns of Tau shooting to get close enough to get a scrumpin' - but once I did it got ugly for the Tau.  It didn't help that Josh couldn't make a moral check when he had to, and because he was so far back on the table...  well, let's just say that the end of the world was closer than he really wanted it to be.  :)

Here's a shot of the aftermath:


Objectives were to hold both sides of the bridge, control both bunkers, and kill the enemy bagpiper (one nominated model from Troops).  Josh took out my trukk on the first turn so I knew there was really no way to hold his bunker - so instead I set about to blow it up.

All and all a fun little mission.

Next week - a 1650 point tournament is on the table.  I'm fleshing out the deff koptas and adding some storm boyz.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, Orks on Tau. The ultimate RPS game. None of this counter-attacks and sacrifice units. Nope, if Tau get charged, they lose.

    ReplyDelete